- Accept: This will add that member as a contact, which means that you two will be able to message each other on RallyPoint, and he/she will see your profile based on your privacy settings set to "My Contacts." If you accept a contact, you can always delete the contact later if you change your mind.
- Ignore: Places the member in a temporary hold, and you can always go back and view everybody you have ignored and accept later. To see who you have ignored, go to your Contacts Page and click on "Ignored" tab at the top, next to "Awaiting your confirmation" and "Send requests." Please also note that ignoring a contact will cause the requester to lose a few influence points.
- Decline: Completely cancels the contact request. The other member cannot send you a new contact request, but you can send one to them if you change your mind in the future. The request is not stored for later review. Declining a contact will also cause more influence points to be lost by the other party than just ignoring them.
When should I Accept, Ignore, or Decline?
That of course is up to you, but some rules of thumb:
- If you know the person or if they give a good reason to connect, it's customary to accept.
- If you don't know the person and don't know why they want to connect, some will accept and some will ignore, depending on how open you are to networking with new people.
- If it appears the person is spamming, or trying to sell you something, you should decline. If a person gets enough declined requests, it will alert the system. It is not appropriate to send contact requests trying to sell or promote something for personal gain.
All policies regarding the RallyPoint My Connections page can be found in RP 3-1
Feel free to write us with feedback anytime.