1. Question titles should follow standard grammatical rules, which includes capitalizing the first word of the sentence, and not using all caps. This will help keep RallyPoint professional.
2. Question titles must be an actual question in which you are seeking an answer. If you want to promote an agenda, point of view, or personal opinions, please use "Post Update" instead to post whatever you like. Examples of posting questions which are not truly questions often begin with "Did you know..."
3. Do not post URL links, use the "Share Link" option instead. The only exception to this is if the link is of material support to the question, such as a reference to a regulation, etc.
4. Do not post generic, non-specific question titles which do not provide insight into the actual content. Examples of improper generic question titles:
- What do you think of this?
- What would you do in this situation?
- Did you know?
- When will this happen again?
- Need advice/help please!
5. Do not put sensationalized or alarming additions in the question title to try to add extra attention. Examples of improper and unnecessary alarms include:
- READ THIS!!!
- PLEASE READ!!
- LOOK HERE
6. Do not post asking for information on certain people, such as people you used to serve with in a unit. Instead, use the RallyPoint search bar to search for people's names and unit names. Examples of violations are:
- Looking for people stationed at XYZ from 1992-1994
- Looking for anybody who was with unit X
- Was anybody here deployed to Iraq in 2004?
The above can be found through our search filter feature. Note: It is permitted to ask for historical unit information, such as "What was like to be a part of unit X during Desert Storm?"
3- and 4-Star Member Administrators can edit question titles to fit our guidelines and provide clarity.
All policies regarding the RallyPoint Answers Forum can be found in RP 3-1 Proper Participation and Use of the RallyPoint Answers Forum
Feel free to write us with feedback anytime.