This article provides examples of inappropriate posts in RallyPoint Answers by using the "Ask Question" option which violate RallyPoint's Posting Guidelines.Content which falls into the categories outlined below, may only be posted using the "Post Update" feature.
Inappropriate Question: anything that is marketing a service, a business, a personal event, or can otherwise be interpreted as promotional
- Soliciting members for a paid service
- Promoting your personal business, books, website
- Linking to petitions and surveys
- Soliciting members for an external survey or study; you may however create a survey on RallyPoint if it's appropriate for the audience
- Soliciting members for contributions/sponsorships for fundraisers and events
- Providing personal contact information (if you want to exchange information, please use RallyPoint Messages)
Inappropriate Question: posts about specific employment opportunities or local events
- If you are interested in a formal job posting or would like to recruit using RallyPoint, please visit www.RallyPoint.com/employers.
- If you want to start a discussion about an employment opportunity or position within a unit, you may share it as a link (when applicable) or post an update, do not post these in Answers. Employment opportunities should not be disguised as questions and will be removed.
- Any local event or specific job fair should be posted as a link or update and tagged with that location and "job fair" if applicable.
Inappropriate Question: posts that are not of interest to the general RallyPoint community
- Linking to personal websites or blogs without asking a question or starting a discussion
- Personal reflections, beliefs, political views not intended to start a discussion or ask a question
- Strictly social posts such as "Tell Me A Story/Joke" or "I'm bored." Posts that are asking about a specific experience or subject are okay.
Topics of interest to the general RallyPoint community include military and veteran affairs, current events, networking, professional development, etc.
All policies regarding the RallyPoint Answers Forum can be found in RP 3-1 Proper Participation and Use of the RallyPoint Answers Forum
Feel free to write us with feedback anytime.